||If you are unable to connect to your Paribus Discovery Control Database, this may be due to one of the following points in the article.
||This article relates to the following products:
- Paribus Discovery
- Microsoft Dynamics 365/CRM
- Infor CRM
If you are unable to connect to your Paribus Discovery Control Database, this may be due to one of the following:
- The SQL Server service on which the Control Database is located is not running. Start the SQL Server service.
- The Control Database does not exist on the selected SQL Server. Create a Control Database on the designated server, or connect to the server that is hosting the required database (a Paribus Discovery Server Licence will be required for this server)
- Maximum number of Paribus Control Database connections exceeded. Each Paribus Server Licence defines the maximum number of connections that can be made by any Paribus installation to a given SQL Server instance. Once this has been reached, no further connection can be made by Paribus to the given server. Either install a new Paribus Server Licence with an increased number of connections or disconnect from the SQL Server from one or more Paribus installations.
- Paribus Discovery requires Microsoft Data Access Components 2.6 to run correctly. Make sure this is installed on the client machine.
See the Paribus Help Center User Guidelines for important considerations of use.